Reach out and buy!
Product package design is a very powerful marketing lever during the in-store moment. It influences and often closes the sale.
And following purchase decision, product packaging takes on many other functions.
It’s an important touch-point for your brand. No other marketing lever is opened, closed, read or touched more than product packaging!
According to a recent AC Nielsen study, 41% of consumers purchase a product again because they prefer it’s packaging.
Question: Have you considered engaging consumers in a different way with sensory enhancements to product packaging?
Consider giving consumers a memorable sensory experience. Something that makes their lives a little better and encourages their loyalty, advocacy and repeat purchase of your product!
Below are 3 sensory categories associated with product packages:
- Visual – digital
- Tactile – touch and feel
- Olfactory – scent
How do choose the right sensory enhancements from the myriad of possibilities out there?
First, think about the target consumer and the location of the desired experience. When and where do you want the consumer to interact?
With location in mind, there are 3 moments:
Here are 5 tips to help you get started:
- Write the creative brief. Clearly articulate your objectives, target audience and the moment.
- Have a financial budget in mind. Your suppliers will ask for it.
- Form a project team of subject matter experts including your package designer, internal team, package printer and their supplier base.
- Ask the team to sign NDA’s
- Request in-market samples and possibilities.
It takes a team. You can’t do it alone!
Karen Blumel Consulting Inc. is a firm specializing in packaging innovation and development. Need help identifying sensory enhancements for your brands and packages?
Please reach out!